Unless otherwise attributed, all content, text or image, on this site, including but not limited to the brand "A Cup of Words" is © TaunaLen 2005-2010. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any content herein is prohibited without prior written consent. Contributors maintain all rights to their individual work, not covered by said copyright. For more info, click on the links above to contact contributors individually.

Friday, February 13, 2009

i can't stop my brain

here's something i won't put on facebook. i don't trust the filters . . .i'm afraid the subject of the poem will see it.



i can't go through this night
i'm in so much pain
the thoughts that run through me
should exhaust me
but i can't . . .i can't. .

she's dead, and i miss her
i saw her leave the earth
she looked right at me,
but couldn't speak
i didn't know . . i didn't know . .
it would hurt her so much

she trusted me
she let me feed her
she'd call me at all hours
i was her constant
i was the only one

they told me it was for the best
let go . . let go . .
gently, with love
and she'll disappear in the night

she fought
she knew
she was scared!
they lied
they lied!

she was very aware
and she looked at me . .

and i sit here
night after night
hearing her silent cries
i can't sleep
i can't end this night
i cant . . .i can't . . .

i never want to be at peace again . .

1 comment:

TaunaLen said...

Wow. oh wow. This is almost painful to read. Such emotion, and the desire to never be at peace... a very strong conclusion. Good work, L.




Writing Sites and Resources

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP