Unless otherwise attributed, all content, text or image, on this site, including but not limited to the brand "A Cup of Words" is © TaunaLen 2005-2010. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any content herein is prohibited without prior written consent. Contributors maintain all rights to their individual work, not covered by said copyright. For more info, click on the links above to contact contributors individually.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Say It Succinctly with Six

EDITED - 1/25/09

Just got an email from the assistant editor on the Six Word Memoir site. They will be featuring my submissions on the front page for at least a day. YAY!

----------

* from a prompted writing exercise at A Cup of Words, Monday night Writers' Group

Six Word Memoirs - Not Quite What I Was Planning

I free wrote several of these, then arranged them into a couple of makeshift poems:

----------

Stranger stares back from my mirror.

I look younger and feel older.

I am learning to let go.

When I wasn’t looking time flew.

Wonder whether you really see me.

----------

Give me pen and I’ll write.

Ink like blood flowing from pen.

A blank page is an invitation.

Stories captivate and draw me in.

I hear voices, I talk back.

Hot tea, black ink, white page.

I like words better than candy.

Words like succinct make me smile.

My muse hates deadlines. She hides.

One more line, and I’ll stop.

No comments:




Writing Sites and Resources

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP